Chocolate Sour Cream Cake with Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
1. Combine 1 cube butter, 2.5 cups brown sugar and 3 eggs in a mixer.
2. Melt 3 oz. of unsweetened chocolate. I just put it in the microwave 30 seconds at a time and stir each time until smooth.
3. Add melted chocolate, 2 tsp. vanilla and 1 cup sour cream to mixer.
4. In a separate bowl, mix 3 cups flour, 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp baking soda. then add to mixer.
5. Boil 1 cup of water and add it to the mixer while beating. Keep it going until the mixture is a little stiff.
6. Pour into pans and bake at 375 for 35 mins.
For the Frosting:
1. Mix 1 cup butter, 3 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream and 2 oz melted unsweetened chocolate.
2. Allow cake to cool after baking and frost in layers.
p.s. I've made this at Christmas time a few times before and I usually crush candy canes and sprinkle on top. You can sprinkle anything on top you might like!