Sunday, January 1, 2012

twenty-twelve

well the world didn't end at midnight. so i guess i'm going to write down some intentions for the year to come. the year that was was full of both advancements and reversals but overall now that it is 2012 i feel pretty good about how i conducted myself and where we are as a family right now (thank heavens for forgiveness and forgetting). for this year of all years i have three intentions:

1. Slow down the pace.

i'm done with over scheduling myself and rushing through the good times. i'm all about slowing down those good times and making them last as long as humanly possible. eg: charge more for photos so i can do less but still make some good mulah. don't be a teacher this year, it's not the right time for me or gretta OR spencer. let gretta sit in the bath as long as she wants. wear my sweat pants more often. stuff like that. 

2. Hone. (Defintion: Sharpen with a whetstone.)

i'm done with being a half-ass person. i want to be really good at the few things that i find passion in. eg: photography, cooking, learning and serving. (not kinda good at a lot of things).

3. Become more spiritual. 

i'm done with not reading my scriptures. life is a heck of a lot more smooth flowing when i give sufficient time to my spiritual hunger.

how exciting is this list??!!!!!!  now let me go start the year off right by making us a lovely frittata and then going back to bed. see ya!

p.s. here are our christmas cards that i should have posted earlier :)




3 comments:

  1. HI Mollie and spenc'
    Enjoyed looking through some of your blog. Check out ours too: noelanijames.blogspot.com. By the way I am spencer's cousin that lives in Maui. Our little ones are close to the same age- gretta is adorable and I love all the photo work you do! Amazing and beautiful. Hope you guys come out and visit again sometime soon! Have a happy new year! Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your card - I need your address to add you to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh mollie... I wanna be just like you when I grow up:)

    ReplyDelete