Saturday, September 25, 2010

Another week down... 8 more to go.


Student Teaching. Awwwwww... Student Teaching. The JOYS of Student Teaching. The Downfalls. The exhaustion. The perfect days. The days of total Failure. Being Pregnant while Student Teaching. 

I really have enjoyed Student Teaching thus far. It has opened my eyes to the world of teaching that no one sees, unless they do it. Teaching is CRAZY. And teachers deserve to be paid so much more than they are. 
In Saudi Arabia teachers are esteemed as AS important as Doctors and paid that high as well. 
I'm moving to Saudi Arabia. 

This week I got to start my own unit of teaching. (by the way i'm teaching Art). So I get to teach 60 eighth graders how to make Pinhole Cameras out of oatmeal boxes and take pix with them and develop the pix in a little darkroom that I transformed from the storage closet in the Art room. I actually did this when I was in 8th grade and that is how I fell in love with Photography. I have no idea if this is going to work out. We will see. All i can say is teaching is CRAZY. 
Wish me LUCK!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck! Teaching can be super hard, but lucky for those kids their are some of us who are just crazy enough to do it!! Your unit sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete